Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course Reading List items
- We should have books for all mandatory course reading and for IDL courses these should be available as eBooks. If we do not, please let us know as soon as possible.
- You can use this form, or email the EGIS Librarian. Alternatively, if you are on-campus, you can take your reading list to the Service Desk in the Library.
Journal article or book chapter requests (Digital Copies Service)
- All articles/book chapters should be available for all mandatory course reading, either via Discovery or in Canvas and for IDL courses should be available online. If they are not, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Your can either contact your lecturer, or the EGIS Librarian (giving details of the chapter/article, your course and code and lecturer name).
Non course reading list items/Personal research
- You don't have a journal article/book/chapter I'd like to read
Use our Inter-Library-Loan service to request that we get that article/chapter/book for you.
This service can be used by:
- Postgraduate students
- Undergraduates in their 3rd, 4th or 5th year
- IDL students
You can request articles/chapters that we don't have or only have in print.
Non-reading list/optional reading - any one-off purchases
- Use the book order request form to request non-reading list items - these will go to the School Library Representative for approval.
- You will be notified if the book has been added to stock and it will be available to everyone as part of University collections.
- This form can also be used for any one-off purchases e.g. DVDs.
Databases/journals - any recurring purchases
- If you think it would be useful for the Library to take a subscription to a journal, database, or any other resource that is not a one-off payment, then please contact your EGIS Librarian. Please give details of why the item would be useful to current learning/teaching/research, giving numbers of staff/students if available.
- All requests will be considered as part of the annual renewal process. Because of the high rate of price increases for academic journals, funds for new subscriptions are limited.
- If you require an article from a journal, please use the ILL service (see above).