Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The EGIS Resource Centre is located on the top floor of the Edwin Chadwick building, EC2.04 - EC2.06. Staff are available to provide assistance with using the PCs, photocopiers and e-resources.
Off campus access to EGIS software - please use Keyserver.
- Informal study areas for private study and group work.
- 50 pcs.
- MFD for printing, scanning and photocopying.
- Specialist printed materials for reference use only.
- Specialist e-resources, please contact Resource Centre staff for username and password details.
Normal working / study hours
- Monday to Sunday 07.00 to 18.00 hours.
- Staffed 10.00 to 16.00 hours.
Outside normal working / study hours
- Monday to Sunday 18.00 to 22.00 hours.
You must notify Safeguarding Services if you are in the Resource Centre outside of normal working / study hours. You can do this via the Safezone app, or call 0131 451 3500 and indicate your name, location and your requirement to work / study outside normal hours.
SafeZone provides a direct connection to the HWU Security Services team should you require help or assistance:
- Get help or first aid in an emergency.
- Call Security for general non-emergency enquiries.
- Receive emergency notifications and guidance during critical incidents.
- When lone working out-of-business hours on campus, SafeZone must be used in order to “check-in” with Security staff to enhance your personal safety.
- Download the free SafeZone App
There is NO ACCESS at the following times:
- All days - 22.00hrs to 07.00hrs.
- All University recognised public holidays (buildings closed days)
Edwin Chadwick Building
Tel: +44 (0)131 451 4651